Treat yourself to a luxury glamping experience at Walnut Farm in West Dorset in one of our two beautiful handcrafted yurts. Walnut Farm is a family home with 12 acres of land nestled between stunningly beautiful rolling hills in the tranquil hamlet of Hinknkowle, on the edge of a nature reserve. Despite being tucked away in beautiful countryside, we are less than 5 minutes’ drive to the vibrant market town of Bridport and pretty harbour of West Bay on the Jurassic Coast, a World Heritage Site.
You’ll never be short of things to do around West Dorset. Walk the South West Footpath along the cliffs, explore the many beaches, discover the sea by speed or fishing boat or head inland and discover our local towns and village.
Of course, if you would rather not leave the farm, stroll around our apple and cherry orchards and across our fields. There are two footpaths that lead directly from the farm leading to unspoilt countryside and nature reserves, the other heads towards the Half Moon pub in Melplash, with its traditional thatch, inglenook fireplace and wonderful sunny beer garden, serving fabulous locally sourced food and it is just a 10 minutes walk.
Each en suite yurt is set in its own secluded paddock and is surrounded by apple and cherry orchards with spectacular views of the countryside. We have crafted a little haven for you to enjoy a truly luxurious and peaceful break.
Russet sits in its own private paddock above the farm, enclosed by a long sweeping living willow fence. You have your own private sawn larch deck to the front of the yurt with a table and chairs to sit and enjoy long lazy meals or a good book – the views of the sunset over the hill are not to be missed!
Pippin sits in its own private paddock above the cherry orchard and has spectacular views across the valley towards the Jurassic Coast. With two outside seating areas you can enjoy the sunrise from your sawn larch deck and watch sunsets from your rustic wood chip outside dining area!
INSIDE Russet and Pippin you will find….
- Superking vi-spring divan bed with White Company duvets and bedlinen and stacks of pillows
- Woodburning stove guaranteed to keep you warm and cosy on the chillier nights
- Comfortable sofa with moroccan and indian cushions
- Dining table
- Ample sockets and usb chargers for you to use
- Nespresso machine
- Kettle, mugs, tea and coffee (we don’t provide the milk as we can’t leave it sitting in the yurt prior to your arrival)
- Gentle lighting
The lovingly crafted EN-SUITE BATHROOMS for each yurt includes
- Hot shower
- Proper flushing loo
- Basin with overhead lit mirror
- Beautiful soft strip lighting
The Walnut Kitchen can be found hidden in the cherry orchard and includes
- Gas range cooker
- Work units etc
- All the crockery and utensils we think you will need
If you would rather a campfire and barbecue, there is a beautiful copper fire bowl by Pippin that is perfect for both!
West Dorset is renowned for its stunning countryside, beautiful coastline, pretty market towns and picturesque villages with hidden churches and narrow winding lanes. The Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site offers miles of stunning beaches and coastal footpaths to explore, with its prehistoric geology and fossil hunting, or for a perfect lazy day by the sea. Enjoy some of these fabulous attractions in the nearby area –
- Beaminster is 5 minutes drive and has a supermarket greengrocer, bakery, butcher, shops, restaurants and cafes
- Bridport (6 minutes drive) is a vibrant town with a twice weekly market (Wednesdays and Saturdays) offering local farm produce, fresh fish, local crafts, bric a brac and antiques
- Electric Palace at Bridport, a rejuvenated grade 2 listed Art Deco cinema
- Chesil Beach
- Lyme Regis
- Deep sea and mackerel fishing trips
- West Bay
- Jurassic Electric Bike Trails, an award winning business enables you to see some of Dorset’s most beautiful locations and landscapes
- Wine Tours at Furleigh Estate, a prize winning local vineyard
- Charmouth Heritage Coast Centre and Fossil Hunting
- River Cottage HQ courses near Axminster offers a range of courses including cookery, vegetable growing, beekeeping, curing and smoking and more
- Abbotsbury Swannery and Sub Tropical Gardens
- Mapperton House and Garden
- Tout Quarry, Portland
- Golden Cap the highest point on the south coast
- Eggardon Hill Fort