Sockety Farm Yurts are a small family run beef and sheep farm offering glamping in our yurts in the beautiful West Dorset countryside. We are approximately 12 miles from the Jurassic south coast, and yet easy access to the Somerset Levels north, the Blackdown Hills west and Thomas Hardy country east. Our Visit England sign means “quality in tourism” and that we are “Alternative Accommodation Accredited”. We are in an area of “Outstanding Natural Beauty”, near Beaminster, with lovely country views in the day and with little light pollution, starlit nights, weather permitting!
We have three 15ft diameter yurts each sleeping 4 to 5 people. Constructed of ash wood frames and water resistant canvas. Situated on a level grass field, with very easy access and parking, with plenty of room of your own. Hot showers and toilets are shared.
Each yurt sleeps up to 4 to 5 people and consists of the following:
- 1 double futon and 2 single futons with deluxe thickness mattresses, for sitting and sleeping, with protective covers and pillows with covers
- 1 child/small adult foam chair bed
- Covers changes after every guest
- Kitchen area with a Calor gas 2 ring
- Crockery, utensils, pots, pans and kettle
- Washing up bowl, brush, bucket and bin
- Water carrier, cool box with freezer pack exchange
- Wind up lantern
- Fire blanket and extinguisher
- Large sealable box for your food
And outside your yurt includes:
- Fire pit/BBQ & equipment
- Full basket of wood and charcoal
- Picnic table with sun umbrella and seating
SHOWERS & TOILETS AND INFORMATION BUILDING
- We provide free hot water showers, with flushing toilets and wash basins, outside drinking water tap and sink
- Fridge/freezer, microwave, kettle and toaster to share
- Tourist information, books, games, maps
- RECYCLING area
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
Please bring your own sleeping bags/duvets with covers, toiletries, towels and tea towels
(Duvet Hire available)
AROUND THE FARM
We are a working farm. There are cows and calves, ewes and lambs in the fields. Chickens and ducks to watch and feed. We have a small honesty shop with our own eggs, burgers and sausages for sale.
IN THE AREA
- West Bay where highly acclaimed ITV Drama Broadchurch was filmed) is 30 minutes away
- Plenty of lovely footpaths
- Two pubs within walking distance in South Perrott and Chedington, both serve food
- Main shopping town Crewkerne 4 miles away, with supermarkets, banks, fuel, take-aways, etc
- South of Sockety is the beautiful Jurassic Coast, with spectacular scenery, from Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door to the east, Chesil Bank and Abbotsbury with the famous swannery, to Charmouth for the fossil hunters and Lyme Regis with its famous Cobb and pretty harbour.
- We are not far from Thomas Hardy’s Wessex region, with the interesting county town of Dorchester, and not forgetting Weymouth which held the Olympic sailing events.
- To the north of us, the landscape changes from the rolling hill of West Dorset to the flat Somerset levels, with wetlands and willows, and Glastonbury Tor and Abbey to explore.
- To the west there is the beautiful area of the Blackdown Hills on the Somerset/Devon border.
- There are plenty of country houses and gardens to explore within very easy driving distance, such as Forde Abbey near Chard, Montacute House and Barrington Court, many are National Trust.
We have plenty of tourist information literature for you, so that you will surely find something to do for all the family, come rain or shine.
TARIFFS per Yurt sleeping up to 5
From £65 per night
“We found Sockety Farm to be very peaceful. comfortable and well equipped and loved the area”
“Lovely break, 1st time in a yurt – the personal touches and attention to detail are very much appreciated”
“Fantastic stay, thank you so much, a perfect introduction to camping.”
“The farmers were great hosts, we loved staying in the yurts, very comfortable, with everything we could possibly need.”
Sorry we are unable to accept dogs