Caalm Camp is our family-run rural glamping retreat in the heart of the Dorset countryside. Situated just south of Shaftesbury in Dorset, our former dairy farm enjoys stunning views across the Blackmore Vale, to Duncliffe Woods, Bulbarrow and Hambledon Hill. We have taken the very best things about camping in the South West of England, fresh air, lovely views and eating al fresco and added comfy beds with fresh white linen sheets in our pretty hand-painted Yurts from Mongolia. We have six traditional Mongolian yurts available to rent, situated in a peaceful field on our former Dairy Farm. Each yurt is gaily painted in the Mongolian style. Inside they are beautifully equipped and furnished and sleep up to six. Travel cots are available on request. We also have a holiday cottage that sleeps four people.
Each yurt has its own luxury private shower room and toilet situated in the Old Hay Barn, and use of a brand new fully equipped kitchen complete with an individual fridge for each yurt, perfect for preparing a picnic or cooking a hearty farmhouse breakfast! We guarantee you will not get wet or cold whilst staying in our yurts. Lie back and look up at the stars while you toast your toes in front of your woodburning stove, or gather with friends or family to enjoy a barbecue in your own outdoor seating area. Children can scramble about on our wooden play equipment, get closer to the wildlife. We have regular deer, rabbits and pheasants as visitors and you can relax knowing the area is securely fenced in and safe for children to play.
Whether you are booking a romantic break, a friends’ reunion, a family camping holiday in the UK or a corporate function, Caalm Camp in Dorset is just the place! The Old Haybarn also offers an excellent venue for conferences, training courses or team-building weekends.
THE YURT CAMPSITE
Our yurt campsite is positioned in a tranquil field behind the farm, overlooking our paddocks and with views stretching for miles. We also have chickens on the farm and there’s plenty of wildlife to spot including rabbits, deer, pheasants and other birds. The yurts are positioned so that each offers a degree of privacy and each has its own outdoor seating and barbecue area. Each yurt includes electricity.
CAALM CAMP FACILITIES
- Pizza Oven
- Fire Pit – the place to gather in the evenings with our other guests as the sun goes down and toast marshmallows, enjoy a glass of wine or sing some songs
- Wooden children’s play area within the securely fenced yurt camp
THE OLD HAYBARN includes
- Six individual lockable shower rooms (one for each yurt)
- Beautifully equipped modern kitchen area with two ovens, sinks and hobs and six individual fridges
- Lounge and dining area
- Table Tennis and Pool Table
- Free Wi-Fi
- Toys, games, a television and books to browse
- Stunning views of the surrounding countryside
THE WIDER AREA
The Blackmore Vale is a great base for exploring Dorset, Somerset and Wiltshire including
- Duncliffe Wood, an ancient woodland managed by the Woodland Trust
- Hambledon Hill, a prehistoric hill fort
- The North Dorset Trailway
- Todber Manor Fishing Lakes are in the next village
- Two equestrian centres nearby, Pippin’s Equestrian and Pevlings
- Shaftesbury in Dorset, is one of the oldest and highest towns in England
- Sherborne in Dorset, is famous for the Abbey and Castle
- Wincanton in Somerset for its racecourse
- Salisbury in Wiltshire, is a magnificent medieval city with historic streets
- The Jurassic Coast, England’s first natural World Heritage Site
- Beautiful sandy beaches at Studland
- Weymouth for fish and chips and mackerel fishing trips
- Cliff-top walks at Durdle Door
- Chesil Beach
- Thomas Hardy’s Cottage
- Portland Bill lighthouse
- Brownsea Island
- Corfe Castle
- Monkey World
- Haynes International Car Museum
- New Forest National Park
and much more!
1 Night stays available outside school and bank holidays from £100 per night
2 Night Getaways from £180
3 Night Weekend Breaks from £240
4 Night Midweek Breaks from £240
Open all year round
Because we are a farm and have livestock, we are sorry but we do not allow dogs at Caalm Camp
There is no smoking in the Yurts or The Old Haybarn.
If you are not so keen to sleep under the stars our our Cottage Caalm Camp, Holiday Cottage is available for let
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.