Yurtcamp in Devon is the ultimate glamorous camping, or glamping, yurt holiday experience for those who seek the simplicity of living under canvas without giving up the quality and comfort of more conventional holidays. We are situated midway between Exeter and Plymouth in the foothills of Dartmoor, close to the South Hams and the beautiful English Riviera offering Blue Flag beaches at Dawlish, Teignmouth, Torquay and Paignton. There are also many tourist attractions around to satisfy all tastes from culture to history and the all-important days out for the children.
We have twenty two contemporary yurts of two sizes set in forty acres of beautiful Devon woodland.
Most of our yurts are sited in small groups offering a pleasant village atmosphere whilst allowing guests their own space. But for those seeking more solitude, we have yurts sited remotely in a tranquil woodland setting. The overall interior effect is one of greater space and comfort than that offered by more conventional camping yet keeping that special outdoors camping feel. Our yurts are designed and manufactured by us to a very high standard giving a fresher and spacious version of the more traditional models. With their beautiful, large glazed domes they are light and airy giving the feeling of being part of the great outdoors.
On site we have two farm animal pens, a games field, a zip wire, a woodland adventure course and children’s play areas, plus our excellent café bar, The Woodland Café, serving a wide variety of food and drink from breakfast through to dinner.
Yurt Camp has 22 contemporary yurts in two sizes set in forty acres of beautiful woodland.
LARGE VILLAGE YURTS – Sleeps 5 to 6
Our large village yurts are sited in an informal village setting. A sociable environment which is ideal for friends, families and groups. Sleeps five in one king size bed and three single beds (six with an additional folding bed) with partitions to create separate bedrooms.
SMALL VILLAGE YURTS – Sleeps 2+
Our small village yurts are sited in an informal village setting. A sociable environment which is ideal for couples or extended families. Sleeps two in one double bed with room for a travel cot.
LARGE WOODLAND YURTS – Sleeps 5 to 6
Our large woodland yurts are situated in our beautiful natural woodland. Ideal for families with children or groups of friends. Sleeps five in one king size bed and three single beds(six with an additional folding bed) and partitions to create separate bedrooms.
LARGE SECLUDED WOODLAND YURTS – Sleeps 5 to 6
Our large secluded woodland yurts are placed in the more remote areas of our natural woodland. They are ideal for families, friends or groups who want to get away from the bustle of everyday life in a more relaxed setting. Sleeps five in one king size bed, three single beds(six with an additional folding bed) with partitions to create separate bedrooms.
SMALL SECLUDED WOODLAND YURTS – Sleeps 2+
The small secluded woodland yurts are set hidden away within our beautiful natural woodland environment. If you hanker for a more remote and relaxed setting these are ideal. Sleeps two in one double bed with room for a travel cot.
ALL YURTS INCLUDE
- Large yurts include partitions to create separate bedrooms
- Camping gas stove
- Cool box including ice packs
- Tables & chairs
- Safe candle holders
- Solar Lights or Lanterns
- Log burner
- Fire Pit oe access to a fire pit
Please bring your own towels, torches and tea towels
FACILITIES AT YURT CAMP
A short walk from our yurts is the refreshed amenity block with separate male, female and disabled facilities including toilets, hot showers, hairdryers and mirrors. Few modern campsites allow fires but here at Yurtcamp we love the crackling of a campfire and the smell of wood smoke in the air. We feel it’s an essential part of your holiday experience and positively encourage you to make a fire in your fire pit and enjoy the primal satisfaction it offers. Many a tale is told and memories made around the campfire.
ACTIVITIES AT YURT CAMP
- The Woodland Cafe is at the heart of Yurtcamp and offers a wide variety of food and drink
- Themed dinners in The Woodland Café with popular dishes available in both adult and child size portions on some evenings
- Wi-Fi at Woodland Cafe if you need to be in touch with the wider world
- Yurtcamp’s forty acres of woodland where many species of wildlife live
- Table tennis
- Pool table
- Children’s Play Area
- Large field on which impromptu games of football, cricket and rounders are played
- Zip wire
- Full size Woodland Assault Course
Yurtcamp is located in South Devon, just fifteen minutes off the end of the M5 and mid-way between Ashburton and Bovey Tracey with all of the fantastic walks, rock scrambling and scenery that Dartmoor has to offer right on our doorstep. Nearby attractions include
- Pennywell Farm Park
- Becky Falls – woodlands and waterfalls
- A day out on Dartmoor including pony trekking
- The Miniature Pony Centre where you can fall in love with the tiny ponies
- Teignmouth beaches and free water park
- Paignton Zoo Wildlife Park for a full day out for the family
- Seaside resorts of Teignmouth, Shaldon and Torquay
- South Hams beautiful beaches
- Woodlands Leisure Park for a full day out with water slides and rides in a woodland setting
- The House of Marbles with marble runs and fun for a rainy day
- Living Coasts at Torquay, a coastal zoo
- Go wild water swimming, rock climbing or just enjoy a picnic on Dartmoor
- The Rock Activity Centre for rock climbing and caving
- Go Ape high rope adventures at Haldon Forest
- Mountain biking including black runs at Haldon Forest
- Award winning Riverford Organic Shop, Restaurant and Farm Tours
- England’s tallest waterfall at Cannonteign Falls
- Blackpool Sands. One of the prettiest beaches in the South Hams
- Walk the beautiful grounds of Parke at Bovey Tracey
- Castles at Dartmouth, Totnes and Berry Pomeroy
- Merrivale Prehistoric Settlement, Hound Tor and Grimspound
- Cities of Exeter and Plymouth
WATCH OUR VIDEO
WEDDINGS, CEREMONIES AND RECEPTIONS
Yurtcamp provides a unique setting for your wedding ceremony and reception.We are a licensed venue for wedding ceremonies enabling us to offer a full wedding package for up to a hundred and twenty people. The ceremony itself is conducted in our special, thatched pavilion in front of which is seating for your guests. We offer full catering services ranging from rustic campfire suppers to candlelit wedding receptions with a full catering service from cream teas to banquets with all the trimmings. In addition to our fully licensed café bar, The Woodland Café, we also offer our Giant Hat Tipi, recorded and live music and hog roasting facilities. Guests can be accommodated in our yurts.
PARTIES AND EVENTS AT YURTCAMP
Other than in the main school holidays Yurtcamp is available for wedding receptions, parties, corporate events and many other functions. Our on-site café bar, The Woodland Café, is fully licensed for alcohol, live and recorded music and singing and dancing. We also offer full catering facilities, including hog roasts, to compliment your event. The yurts can accommodate groups from five to a hundred and twenty people and large groups are able to book the whole site.
We regret we do not cater for stag or similar parties.
£190 for a 3 night break
£316 for a 7 night break
15% off to returning customers
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.