Woodland Springs offers glamping in camping pods exclusively for Adults in the Dartmoor National Park, Devon. Surrounded by farm and woodland we are in a tranquil setting in the hamlet of Venton near Chagford and Dartmoor is on your doorstep.
Our natural setting encourages wildlife and you will see many species of birds as well as rabbits, if you are very lucky you may also get to see deer, stoats and foxes. Our park changes greatly throughout the year so make the most of us being open all year. You could even visit for Christmas and New Year.
The toilet blocks have free hot water and showers and is also centrally heated during the colder months. We welcome dogs and other pets, we also have Day Kennels for hire should you want to go somewhere you cannot take the dogs. You can walk out in the lanes behind Woodland Springs or exercise them in our dog exercise field where they can be exercised off the lead.
On site we have a small shop that sells the bare essentials including wine and local ciders and beers. We bake fresh bread to order in the morning. Our Information point features a freezer as well as a coffee machine that grinds coffee from the bean.
OUR CAMPING PODS
These family sized pods are a great alternative for two adults to camping. They are built to a very high standard so you can enjoy your holiday in all weathers. Forget about having to pitch your tent when its windy or wet, or even sunny, and the taking down of it as well, your wooden, insulated tent is ready for you! All you need is your camping equipment. You can take your dogs into the pods but we do ask people not to cook in the pods.
They are fully insulated with the extra “sub zero” pack fitted, carpeted and double glazed the pods include
- Heating and light
- 2 electric sockets with 2 x 2.5 amp USB ports to charge your phone etc.
- Roller blind for the lockable, double glazed, front door to give you that added bit of privacy
- Waterproof 13 amp external electrical socket on the outside for your cool box or electric grill
- A bistro table and 2 chairs great to sit out on the decking and watch the world go by
- You can hire a BBQ from us
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
We suggest you bring an inflatable mattress, bed roll or other bed, sleeping bag or duvet and pillows, cooking stove, kettle etc. A cool box for your milk etc, mugs, glasses, crockery and cutlery, towels and tea towels and anything else you might need.
Cooking in not mandatory as you could always eat out as there are many places to eat in the area from some of the finest cooking in the country to good honest pub and cafe food.
WOODLAND SPRING FACILITIES
We have all of the usual camp site facilities including
- Excellent toilet and shower facilities
- WiFi (charged for service)
- Small shop selling the bare essentials including, wine, local beers and ciders
- Coffee Machine, grinds coffee from the bean
- Fresh bread baked to order (not available in Winter months)
- Information point
- Indoor dish washing
- Washing machines and tumble dryers
- Iron and ironing board
- 1 acre of open land for exercising dogs off the lead
- Day kennels for hire
Dartmoor National Park is on our doorstep you can have many invigorating walks on the adjoining moor. There are local shopping facilities in Drewsteignton, Chagford and Okehampton and Exeter is only a short drive away.
Attractions also nearby enjoy
- Castle Drogo
- Spinsters Rock
- Finch Foundry
- Stone Lane Gardens
- Dartmoor Prison Museum
- Bowden Hostas
- Fernworthy reservoir just outside Chagford
- Chagford is a small quaint stannary town with traditional shops
- Okehampton is a more modern town with a mixture of traditional butchers, bakers, farmers shops and supermarkets
- Exeter with it’s many attractions
- The sandy beaches of Devon are only a 45 minute drive
If you fancy doing something else then there is golf, fishing, swimming and horse riding and many other activities can all to be found nearby.
Nearby pubs include the Post Inn at Whiddon Down, the Drewe Arms at Drewsteignton, the Fingle Bridge Inn at Fingle Bridge (there is a good walk from here), Taw River Inn at Sticklepath and the Sandy Park Inn at Sandy Park and many more in the area.
Pods from £40 to £45 per night season depending
Minimum stay of 2 nights over weekends and 3 nights over Bank Holidays.
Shorter stays may be available at short notice if a Pod is not booked out.
Please note that we do not allow instant/disposable BBQ’s or open fires of any sort.
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.