**DUE TO COVID-19 LOWER KEATS GLAMPING ARE UNFORTUNATELY CLOSED UNTIL MAY WHEN THEY WILL REVIEW**
Lower Keats Farm offers glamping in Safari Tents near Axminster in Devon. The beautifully appointed six large canvas lodges set in the Axe Valley adjacent to the River Axe and only 15 minutes drive from the Jurassic Coastline allow you to immerse yourself in a simpler way of life. Our lodges have their own kitchens and ensuite bathrooms, with hot running water, proper beds and wood burning stoves to keep you snug and warm. No cold midnight treks to the loos or cold showers here! We have thought of everything, including an additional two ring gas hob, for that early morning cuppa or cooking without the need to fire up the stove. All you will need to do is sit back and enjoy your stay.
Lower Keats Glamping is the ultimate destination for luxury camping. Lush green pastures and unadulterated night skies offer the chance to truly unwind and escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life. We hope we have created the perfect family or romantic getaway with coastal and country themed lodges with luxury indulgence with country charm. We are on the Devon, Somerset and Dorset borders, so the West Country really is your oyster.
OUR SAFARI TENTS
Our 6 safari tent lodges comfortably sleeps six plus a cot. Three of our lodges are named after local coastal places of interest: The Cobb, Beer and Golden Cap. Another three lodges are named after animals that you are likely to see during your stay Deer, Stag and Pheasant.
INSIDE OUR LODGES:
- Sleeping space for 6 plus cot
- Bedding and Towels
- Travel cot and high chair on request
- Kitchen with hob, cool box and hot running water
- Wood burning stove (firewood provided)
- Ensuite bathroom with hot shower
- Welcome Pack of ground & instant coffee (cafetiere’s are standard in each lodge), tea bags, sugar, a pint of milk and cooking oil
OUTSIDE OUR LODGES:
- Decked porch
- Picnic table
- BBQ and Firepit
SUGGESTIONS TO BRING WHEN GLAMPING
Warm coats, socks, shoes and boots, hats, gloves and scarves, wellies and or crocs, rain gear, swimsuits, beach towels and torches.
We hope you enjoy exploring Lower Keats. You can meet and feed the animals, collect the eggs, help with farming duties or simply use us as a base to explore the beautiful countryside.
- Fresh eggs
- Locally reared meat
- Selection of tinned produce
- Household products
- Alcohol Licence – delete! Meals available to order
- Friendly Springer Spaniels
- Ball and Field Games
- Board Games
- Ice Creams
- Nearby Walks and Beaches
LOWER KEATS LARDER (THE HONESTY SHOP)
We stock a small range of camping and glamping essentials. Provisions include delicious local produce, ice creams, drinks and picnic snacks. Milk, dairy produce and fresh bakery are delivered daily.
THE LOCAL AREA AND THINGS TO DO
We are the perfect place to explore the amazing Jurassic Coastline and we have a fantastic collection of National Trust properties, gardens and walks in the area. Axminster is our local town situated on the River Axe. This attractive ancient market town lies in the beautiful Axe Valley, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The River Axe neighbours our land and the fish life in the river includes salmon, bullheads, otters and kingfishers.
River Cottage Canteen & Deli in Axminster is the perfect place to enjoy fresh, seasonal produce transformed into delicious dishes with a tasty River Cottage twist. At the coast in Lyme Regis is the famous HIX Oyster & Fish House.
There’s so much to choose from in the area including
- Lyme Regis
- Beaches of Town Beach, Monmouth Beach and Church Cliff
- Charmouth Heritage Coast Centre – Visit David Attenborough’s Sea Dragon!
- The Cobb where Meryl Streep managed to get to the end of in the film The French Lieutenant’s Woman
- Golden Cap
- Forde Abbey in Dorset
- Barrington Court a restored tudor mansion
- Montacute House
- Seaton Tramway
- Wildwood Escot for a family day out
- Woodlands Family Theme Park, the largest Family Theme Park in Devon
- Crealy Great Adventure Park And Resort
- Axe Valley Wildlife Park
- Beer Quarry Caves
- Go Ape
- Local Walks including Trinity Hill Local Nature Reserve and Lambert’s and Coney’s Castle.Haldon Forest Park and Seaton Wetlands
From £135 per night
From £545 per lodge tent for 3 night Weekend or 4 night Midweek Break
7 night Breaks from £748 to £1545
Dogs welcome by arrangement
Open March to October