Hunger Hill offers back to nature family Glamping in cosy Yurts with comfy beds in Devon. Its a magical place in the heart of the beautiful East Devon county side close to spectacular beaches on the World Heritage Jurassic Coast. The Yurts share a small holding with Kune kune pigs, chickens, ducks and a very friendly dog. The area offers a host of coastal and countryside activities. All the details are on our web site.
The Yurt Meadow is on the edge of a unique 3000 acre pebble heath and RSPB reserve. With abundant wild life its in fantastic walking county. From the Yurts you can walk along the River Otter to the sea, calling in at the Mill for a cream tea!
Come and immerse yourself in the natural world, with bush craft, foraging, mackerel fishing, and picnics by the River or lazy days by the sea. Between Exmouth and Lyme Regis there is a different beach for each day of the week! Here we provide as much as possible to make you stay easy so you can really relax and experience a camping with a difference!
Our four Meadow Yurts include
- Double and 2 single beds made up with feather duvets and cotton sheets (a 3rd child’s bed can be added)
- Fully equipped kitchens with a small cooker
- Table and stools
- Comfy chair and Moroccan storage boxes
- Kilims, cushions and sheep skins giving the Yurts a nomadic feel
- Wood burners ensure they yurts always cosy
- Good supply of logs included in the price
- Socket to charge phones
Just outside each Yurt are
- Picnic table
- Fireplace with BBQ grill
All are in easy reach of the main kitchen and facilities and have wonderful views across the Otter valley
Free Wi Fi is available also
The Orchard Yurt is in a secluded area on its own but with access to the Yurt Meadow. It’s a large Yurt making room for
- Big comfy sofa in front of the wood burning stove
- Fairy lights, cushions and sheep skin rugs give the Yurt a very cosy feel
- Double and single beds made up depending on your needs
- Own well equipped kitchen and covered eating area
- Shower and toilet close by
Outside the Yurt are
- Picnic bench and fire place with BBQ grill
- We keep your wood pile topped up free of charge
There are wonderful views across the Otter Valley to Peak Hill at Sidmouth. The Orchard Yurt is very popular and a perfect retreat!
Enjoy camping with the luxury of hot showers! The 2 showers, 2 toilets and 2 basins are supplied with soap, hand towels, toilet rolls and hair dryer, also clothes washing liquid and washing line with pegs.
THE COMMUNAL YURT
In the centre of the field there is a 22 foot communal Yurt with a wood burner, fairy lights, tables and benches. Just outside there is a fireplace and BBQ. It’s a good spot to get together. Here you can experience the great outdoors and get close to nature in comfort!
Breakfast hampers can be delivered to your Yurt each morning. Please contact us for details as orders are taken in advance.
THE FRESH AND GREEN VEG BOX
The Fresh and Green Veg Box field is a short, and very pretty, walk across the valley from us and they would be happy to put together a holiday Veg box for you
THINGS TO DO PLACES TO SEE
Come and immerse your self in the countryside with bush craft, foraging, mackerel fishing, picnic’s by the river and lazy days on the beach. Explore the unique 3000 acre pebble heath common with it’s abundant wild life. It’s right next door to the Yurt site. The yurt camp is close to beautiful beaches on the World Heritage Jurassic Coast… from Lyme Regis to Exmouth – there is a different beach for each day of the week!
- Guided walks on Dartmoor
- Walk the East Devon Way – Hunger Hill is on the route!
- Walk the coastal foot path from Budliegh to Exmouth
- Bush craft, swamp walks , parties and more
- Polylopits Circus Skills Workshops at Hunger Hill
- Guided Foraging walks along the River Otter
- Live Music, Cream Teas, fantastic food & river walks at Otterton Mill
- Mackerel fishing trips from Beer Beach
- Rent a canoe from Exeter docks and paddle down the canal to the Double Locks pub and then on to Turf Locks pub
- Hire bikes also as a cycle track runs alongside the canal
- Take a cruise along the Jurassic coast from Exmouth
- Take a ride on an old London Tram at Seaton
- Rock pooling at low tide at Sidmouth and Exmouth beach
- Go Ape at Holden Hill
- Bicton Gardens – great for young children!
- Kiliton House and A La Ronde Local National Trust houses
- Lyme Regis
Midweek 2 nights £150 to £190
Weekend 3 nights £285 to £330
Midweek 4 nights £300 to £380
Week Long Breaks 7 nights £585 to £710
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.