Brackenhill Glamping will offer you unforgettable holidays in Devon. Just a stone’s throw from Dartmoor National Park, the village of Ugborough is perfectly situated for you to explore the beautiful South Devon countryside. With the famously unspoilt beaches of the South Hams a short drive away.
The 1.5 acre glamping field lies in a peaceful location on the edge of the village with views across the valley and of the beautiful church known locally as ‘the cathedral of the South Hams’. On a clear day you can even see the sea. There is plenty of space for the kids to roam within view of the safari tent….and it won’t be long before they discover the willow den and mud kitchen.
The Pickstone Family are really looking forward to welcoming you!
THE SAFARI TENT – Sleeps up to 5 people
Our one beautifully furnished safari tent sleeps four to five over two separate rooms with room for a baby in a cot or a child on a campbed. We all love a good night sleep so the bedrooms are all made up and ready for your stay. Your tent comes with a welcome pack consisting of a complimentary tea or coffee. A complimentary basket of logs will also be provided (more available if required from the honesty shop).
INSIDE YOUR SAFARI TENT YOU WILL FIND….
- Fully equipped kitchen with crockery, cutlery and utensils
- Electric hob
- Electric lights and power points for chargers
- A wood burning stove
- Open plan living and dining room fully furnished with sofas and a dining table
- Master bedroom with king size bed
- Additional Single Bed in the Bunk room if required
- Second bedroom with bunk beds
- Beds made with hypoallergenic duvet, pillows, cotton bed sheets and extra blankets
- One set of towels (additional available at extra cost)
- The tent has its own internal bathroom, with flushing loo, sink and shower Travel cots and high chairs available on request (Please bring your own bedding for the cot bed)
OUTSIDE YOUR TENT YOU WILL FIND…
- Your own decking area with table and chairs for al fresco dining
- Fire pit and BBQ with tools
There is a small car park in the glamping field then a short walk via a mown path to your glamping tent. Wheel barrows and trollies are provided. The tent is accessed via a short flight of stairs leading to your veranda, so the tents are unfortunately not wheelchair accessible. The glamping field is located next to our small village school playing field and forest school so if you are visiting outside school holidays you can hear the children playing during break times.
WHAT WE SUGGEST YOU BRING WITH YOU
Good pair of walking shoes, Wellies and waterproofs, Torches, Warm clothing, Toiletries, Food and drink for your stay and everything you need for a day at the beach!
We have a small honesty shop on site stocking:
- Fire wood
- Local jams and chutneys
- Soft drinks
- Local meat (when available)
We are lucky to have two excellent pubs. Both offer excellent gastro pub food, themed nights and one hosts live music. Every other Saturday local crafters and producers sell their goods in the village hall. Known as Ugborough Sustainable Saturday, here is a perfect place to pick up a freshly cooked bacon bap or something tasty for lunch. A fish and chip van visits the village on a Wednesday evening.
Local Attractions include
- Dartmoor Zoo
- South Devon Railway
- Paignton Zoo
- Pennywell Farm
- Plymouth Lido
- River Dart Country Park
- National Marine Aquarium
£80 – £160 per night for up to 4 people
We are a doggy friendly site! 2 dogs maximum with £10 cleaning surcharge per stay