Andrewshayes Award Winning Holiday Park offers glamping on a family run holiday park, close to the coast in East Devon. Located in the beautifully unspoilt but very accessible part of the West Country its in an official area of outstanding natural beauty on the edge of the Blackdown Hills near Axminster. At the park you can enjoy wonderful countryside views and the best of coast and country, just 6 miles from the stunning Jurassic Coast at Seaton and only 8 miles to Lyme Regis.
THE GLAMPING PODS
Like the idea of camping but not sure you want to commit to nights under canvas? Our Glamping Pods are the perfect compromise offering the outdoor camping experience without the hassle of packing and putting up a tent. Large enough to accommodate 2 adults and 2 children (a small travel cot is available on request at time of booking) these pods are set up ready for your stay and equipped with
- Semi separate bedroom area with a raised double bed and space underneath for the little ones
- Proper mattresses (one double and 2 singles) – you just need to bring your sleeping bags or bedding
- A snug space inside with built in benches and a small table for eating or relaxing
- An electric heater
- Electrical sockets and lights
- A private decking area with your own BBQ
- Picnic bench
Two of our pods sit next to one other perfect for two families or couples who want to be dext door to one another!
It’s a short walk to our shower, toilet and laundrette facilities and you will have free use of the park’s lovely heated swimming pool. There is also an onsite café and bar (please check for opening times) or head out to one of the may local pubs or restaurants if you don’t fancy bothering with cooking during your stay.
WHAT WE SUGGEST YOU BRING
- Bedding and pillows
- Cooking Stove and equipment
- Plates and cutlery
- Food and drinks (we do have a small shop on site and are just 5 minutes drive to Tesco in Axminster)
- Swim suits and towels
INDOOR HEATED SWIMMING POOL
Our large swimming pool is covered by an amazing retractable enclosure. This means you can enjoy the pool from April until the end of October regardless of what the weather may be doing. The pool is heated by a combination of solar panels and a heat exchanger so we can keep it warm all the time. It is also surrounded by a lovely patio area and ideal for a day by the pool or to cool off after a day out sightseeing.
Use of the pool is free for all Andrewshayes guests. Please note we do not have a life guard on duty so children under 14 must be supervised by an adult when swimming.
Over looking the swimming pool (and part of the bar area in the evening) is a lovely conservatory. This is available for use during the day as a place to relax and watch the swimmers. There is also a coffee machine for your use. In the evenings enjoy a drink from the bar.
ALSO ON SITE
- Greg’s Bar which is open Friday and Saturday nights all season and daily in the school holidays from 7pm to 11pm. We have entertainment on some Saturday nights in the summer and usually play a game of Bingo on Sunday evenings throughout the busy weeks
- Cafe and Takeaway service serving burgers, pizzas and fish and chips etc as well as breakfasts at the weekends during school holidays in the recently refurbished seating area
- Games Room including various video machines, air hockey and a pool table for the older children
- Toddler Play Room – suitable for children 6 and under who must be supervised
- Outdoor Play Areas including an enclosed adventure play park. For the older children and the young at heart we have a playing field for football and other outdoor games
- Outdoor table tennis table near the reception, bats and balls available from reception
- Shop and Reception – our reception doubles as a small shop selling self-catering essentials as well as ice-creams, sweets, postcards and a few other camping essentials including Calor Gas
- Nature Trail, a half hour wander and a lovely picnic spot
- Modern Laundry and Showers
- Free freezer for your freezer packs
- Microwave, especially useful to warm baby’s milk or even a microwave dinner!
- Club Wi-FI – cards can be purchased in the office to access the service
- Information room with leaflets and events in local area and a book and magazine exchange
Andrewshayes is surrounded by gently sloping meadowland, tucked between the Blackdown Hills and the stunning National Heritage coastline and this means there are lovely country views all around us and the village of Dalwood. There are many pleasant country walks through lanes and woods, but for the less energetic a five minute drive will bring you to Dalwood, a typical Devon village with its Norman church and thatched 15th-century “Tuckers Arms” pub. The Corry Brook running through the village joins the Axe and reaches the sea at Seaton. Outside the village but close to Andrewshayes are beautiful Burrow Farm Gardens, where you can explore the gardens and also relax with a lovely Devon Cream Tea.
Also in easy reach explore
- Beaches and well-known seaside resorts of Charmouth, Lyme Regis, Seaton, Beer or Sidmouth
- The Jurassic Coast
- Axminster and River Cottage is 5 minutes drive
- Honiton is 6 miles away and famous locally for its antique shops, traditional Honiton lace and pottery
- Crealy Adventure Park and Woodlands Leisure Park
- Axe Valley Wildlife Park
- Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary
- Sea Life Centre at Weymouth
- Fleet Air Arm Museum
- Locally in Beer we have a real favourite ‘Pecorama’, not only an amazing miniature train ride, but plenty for the children and wonderful gardens
- Burrow Farm Gardens
- Forde Abbey
- The National Trust’s Knightshayes Court, Killerton and Bicton Park
FOOD AND DRINK in area
Our most famous local eateries are the River Cottage Canteen (Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall) in Axminster where you can have a good value meal or just coffee and cake, or for a special occasion there is the Mark Hix owned Oyster and Fish House in Lyme Regis with stunning views over Lyme Bay. Of course there are many other lovely pubs, cafes and restaurants feel free to ask the in reception if you want some help.
From £40 – £55 per night per Pod
We are sorry but pets are not allowed in the Pods
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.