Glamping Derbyshire and The Peak District
At Mulino Pods in Derbyshire on the edge of the Peak District we have three private and exclusive glamping pods located on a sheep farm with marvellous views over the valley towards Carsington Water. You can escape to the peace and quiet of our rural farm just 3 miles from Ashbourne and the cities of Derby, Nottingham and Sheffield are all within easy reach. Located on the edge of the Peak District there are plenty of walking and cycle routes on the doorstep.
Lavender Pod is a larger family glamping pod. Bluebell and Damson Pods are especially suited for couples and small families. Groups can enjoy exclusive hire of our glamping site, great for a family or friends Peak District gathering. Lavender and Damson Pods are pet friendly too.
Each of our three glamping pods overlooks the Carsington valley which drops off steeply to the hamlet of Atlow. Our pods are nestled in the hawthorn bushes creating privacy for each one. Your neighbours are the farm sheep which graze in the paddocks and fields around. We like to make things easier for our guests, so we have parking near the pods and on arrival collect your key from our ‘info’ room. Our Damson Pod and Lavender Pod are pet friendly and we welcome well behaved dogs on our farm. As we have sheep roaming around your glamping pods, we have to limit this to two in each pod per stay and must be kept on leads at all times. Dogs can be exercised in one of the nearby allocated fields.
BLUEBELL AND DAMSON PODS
Both Damson and Bluebell Pods are ideal for couples and small families and can accommodate up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children (under 13 yrs) with a double bed and a futon(s) for additional guests.
Lavender Pod is a larger family, south facing pod which is suitable for families. Pet friendly Lavender Pod can accommodate 4 adults or 2 adults 4 children, with a double bed, bunk beds and futon(s) for additional guests.
In your pod
- Bluebell and Damson Pods have a full size double bed and futon(s) for additional guests freshly made for your arrival
- Lavender Pod has a full size double bed, bunk beds and futon(s) for additional guests freshly made for your arrival
- In pod facilities including a fridge, toaster and kettle
- Socket points, lighting and optional heater
- Super fast WIFI inside your Pod
Outside your pod –
- Decking area to indulge in our beautiful view
- Outside seating and table
- A BBQ area and use of a firepit
- Drinking water next to your pod
STAYING WITH LITTLE ONES? We can provide a travel cot (instead of a futon) and a high chair (booster seat)
We are energy conscious at the farm and our eco-facilities have been designed with this in mind. Whilst we all like the opportunity to ‘switch off’ from the hustle and bustle of busy lives, we understand the importance of technology so that’s why we provide free superfast WIFI broadband in the pods and around the site.
We like to make our guests comfortable and our 2 heated shared bathrooms are designed to be home from home. These are located a short distance from each Pod in the communal area adjacent to the ‘Info Room’ and Kitchen Area.
Each individual bathroom has…
- Full size power shower heated from our wind turbine and solar
- WC, basin and mirror
- Dressing area with hair dryer facilities and shaving point
- Heated Towel Rail
There is an outdoor wash area for bikes, dogs and boots
THE INFO ROOM
A small yet central room providing the essential information for your stay in the area (which also has a fantastic view!).
- Free super fast WIFI covering all areas
- Relax and enjoy the view from the seating area
- Book swop, local interest, games and the essential toy box for the children
- Lanterns and tealights to create the ultimate outdoor evening atmosphere
- Information for activities, events, walking and cycling routes
- Our honesty shop with charcoal, fire lighting and more basics
- A useful room on those occasional rainy days!
We have some fantastic local food in Derbyshire and the Peak District so you can either rustle up a meal here or enjoy one of the local pubs or restaurants. We don’t want our guests rushing to the shops on arrival especially for those who have travelled a long journey, that’s why we provide the ‘basics’ for a cuppa. We provide a small fridge, kettle, toaster and basic kitchen essentials.
Each pod has a BBQ and outside dining area.
ON SITE COOKING FACILITIES
The ‘countryside style’ cooking facilities are located in the communal area adjacent to the ‘Info Room’.
- Covered outside kitchen area with gas hobs, sink and fully equipped with kitchen utensils, crockery, pots and pans
- We stock the kitchen essentials with some of your key ingredients in the cupboard store (salt, pepper, cooking oil, coffee, tea and sugar).
WATCH OUR VIDEO
GROUPS – have the place to yourselves!
The location and facilities are well suited for family and friends gatherings, birthdays and special occasions and suited for groups. Our three Pods can sleep a maximum of 10 adults with both Damson and Bluebell Pods sleeping 3 adults in each and larger Lavender Pod sleeping 4 adults. Or up to 6 adults and 8 children over the three pods.
With a private hire booking, you have exclusive use of the whole site and facilities available for your group. Whilst the ‘Info Room’ has many of the essentials including small honesty shop, book swop and local information, it is also a great place for groups and you can tailor the room to how you require for your stay! This has proven very popular for the visiting hen parties!
Please email if you would like a group package for specific dates or have any special group requirements and we will do our best to accommodate.
IN THE AREA
We are on the doorstep of the Peak District National Park and surrounded by local attractions for guests to explore. Whether you would like try wind surfing on Carsington or a less energetic stole through historic Ashbourne, we are centrally located for many attractions. Not only do we have a great view of Carsington Water, we are only 3 miles from the Ashbourne town centre. From the farm, there are walking, cycle routes and bridleways meaning you can explore the area without getting in to your car. On an early evening, you can walk to our local village pub the ‘The Red Lion’ (1.5 miles 30 minutes walk) which serves great food and Kniveton produced cider!
For groups, we can recommend a range of activities depending on your group needs.
Below is a few ideas of local attractions:
- National Trust properties Ilam Hall, Sudbury Hall and Kedleston Hall and Calke Abbey
- Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall
- Heights of Abraham at Matlock
- Cycle Hire and routes Carsington Water
- Manifold Track
- Tissington Trail
- Monsal Trail
- Farmers Markets at Leek, Bakewell, Wirksworth, Buxton
- Denstone Farm Shop, The Cottage Kitchen Country Café – Bottomhouse
- Outdoor Activities and Pursuits including Wild Park Derbyshire
- Alton Towers (discounted tickets can be purchased here)
- Local Course and Trout Fishing
- Plenty of local pubs and restaurants
From £65 per night
£160 for 2 night break
£220 for a 3 night break
£420 for a 7 night break
Gift Vouchers available
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.