Glamping Cumbria with Hot Tub
The Roundhouse at Kelker Well in Cumbria, on the borders of the Lake District and The Yorkshire Dales has stunning views, direct access to Hutton Roof Crags and a wood-fired hot tub. Guests have their own private space to enjoy – it’s a unique and sustainable glamping experience that rests, relaxes and inspires. The Roundhouse is located on a Lakeland farm and is perfect for couples and families up to 4 people.
You will be transferred to the Roundhouse by Quad bike on arrival (after 17:00) and departure (between 12:30 & 13:00). all part of the experience! Alternative times may be possible, please contact us to discuss.
The Roundhouse is handmade from sustainable Welsh larch with all facilities under cover including
- Living Space
- Kitchen facilities
- Sofa/day bed
- Dining table and chairs
- Wood burner stove
- Bedroom extension with a king sized bed, bedside tables and a curtain separating the bedroom from the living space
- Bathroom extension with a shower, compost loo, sink and door to the outside decking
- Outdoor wood-fired hot tub
- Fire pit, BBQ and a picnic bench for outdoor dining & relaxing
- Herb planters and a mini allotment
- All bedding, towels, toiletries (shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, soap and toilet roll) and cleaning products (e.g. washing up liquid) will be provided.
- All you need for a lovely breakfast/brunch, including bread, jam and Whin Yeats Farm eggs & cheese. We will provide a range of tea bags, coffee and Whin Yeats milk
- All the other little things you may need and that make a holiday special – e.g. torches, binoculars, maps, guidebooks, books, games, umbrellas, fresh herbs and kitchen store cupboard essentials, for example, sugar, salt and pepper, ketchup, HP sauce, butter and olive oil
The Roundhouse is off-grid and focuses on relaxation in a sustainable environment. It’s a place to switch off from day-to-day life, and as such electricity is limited. We provide LED candle lights, a battery to charge mobile phones/iPads etc, and a Roberts radio. There is no access to electricity for larger electrical items e.g. hairdryers. There is hot water and a shower (utilising LPG gas). The wood burner stove has a built-in oven and stainless steel top for a kettle, or you could make your meals via the BBQ or by using the portable gas stoves. There is a large fridge/ freezer next to the parking area, a large cool box in the shed by the Roundhouse, and a small cool box in the Roundhouse (e.g. for the morning cup of tea if it’s raining outside!).
WHAT WE SUGGEST YOU BRING
- Wellies or walking boots – the Roundhouse is a 10min walk across agricultural fields and through woodland
Charcoal, if you’d like to use the BBQ
- Weather appropriate clothing – this is Northern England after all! And slippers in winter (for extra cosyness)
- A camera – the views are fantastic!
Additional cheese, eggs and raw milk are available at all times.
- The beauty of this area is that it’s open access land across five fells with countless footpaths that are easy to navigate, all on your doorstep! There is a gate a few metres from the site, taking you straight onto Hutton Roof Crags, passing by a badger set and onto the Limestone Link. The Rakes, a limestone outcrop popular with climbers is nearby, and the limestone pavements on Newbiggin Crags offer spectacular and unique landscapes
- Lake District including Ambleside, Kendal, Keswick and Borrowdale and Wast Water
- Yorkshire Dales including Kirkby Lonsdale, Singleton Waterfalls, Skipton and Malham Cove
- Morecambe Bay, Arnside and Silverdale, Betham dan Milnthorpe and Lancaster and Ulverston
The Roundhouse is £150 per night and can be booked for the following days….
Friday – Monday (3 nights): £450
Monday – Friday (4 nights): £600
Monday – Monday (7 nights): £1,050
Late availability shorter stays may be possible – please contact us to discuss!
Unfortunately, we can’t provide a place for dogs and pets. There’s a badger set nearby, farm animals all around and we’ve decided it’ll be a place just for people.