Glamping Cumbria with Hot Tub
The Roundhouse at Kelkerwell in Cumbria, on the borders of the Lake District and The Yorkshire Dales has stunning views (and a hot tub!). We aim to give guests a unique and sustainable glamping experience that rests, relaxes and inspires. With spectacular views of the Lake District fells, Yorkshire Dales and Morecambe Bay, The Roundhouse is located on a Lakeland farm and is unique and off grid, perfect for couples and groups up to 4 people.
The Roundhouse is off-grid and focuses on relaxation in a sustainable environment. It’s a place to switch off from day-to-day life, and as such electricity is limited. We will provide LED lights, a battery to charge mobile phones/iPads etc, and a Roberts radio. There will be no access to electricity for larger electrical items e.g. hairdryers. There is hot water and a shower (utilising LPG gas). The wood burner stove has a built-in oven and stainless steel top for pans, or you could make your meals via the BBQ or by using a portable gas stove. There is a large fridge/ freezer next to the parking area, a large cool box in the shed by the Roundhouse, and a small cool box in the Roundhouse (e.g. for the morning cup of tea if it’s raining outside!).
You will be transferred to the Roundhouse by Quad bike on arrival (after 17:00) and departure (between 12:30 & 13:00). all part of the experience! Alternative times may be possible, please contact us to discuss.
The Roundhouse is handmade by from sustainable Welsh larch with all facilities under cover including
- Living Space
- Kitchen facilities
- Sofa/day bed
- Dining table and chairs
- Wood burner stove
- Bedroom extension with a king sized bed, bedside tables and a curtain separating the bedroom from the living space
- Bathroom extension with a shower, compost loo, sink and door to the outside decking
- Outdoor wood-fired hot tub
- Fire pit, BBQ and a picnic bench for outdoor dining & relaxing
- Herb planters and a mini allotment
- All bedding, towels, toiletries (shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, soap and toilet roll) and cleaning products (e.g. washing up liquid) will be provided.
- All you need for a lovely breakfast/brunch, including bread, jam and Whin Yeats Farm eggs & cheese. We will provide a range of tea bags, coffee and Whin Yeats milk
- All the other little things you may need and that make a holiday special – e.g. torches, binoculars, maps, guidebooks, books, games, umbrellas, fresh herbs and kitchen store cupboard essentials, for example, sugar, salt and pepper, ketchup, HP sauce, butter and olive oil
WHAT WE SUGGEST YOU BRING
- Weather appropriate clothing – this is Northern England after all! And slippers in winter (for extra cosyness)
A camera – the views are fantastic!
- Any food and drink you would like to bring. Alternatively, the essentials provided will be enough for breakfast/brunch, and you can pick up additional items during your visit. Some supermarkets deliver to the area – if you would like to arrange a delivery, please contact us to discuss.
- The willingness to switch off and enjoy this beautiful setting!
Additional cheese, eggs and raw milk are available from Whin Yeats Farm at all times.
- The beauty of this area is that it’s open access land across five fells with countless footpaths that are easy to navigate, all on your doorstep! There is a gate a few metres from the site, taking you straight onto Hutton Roof Crags, passing by a badger set and onto the Limestone Link. The Rakes, a limestone outcrop popular with climbers is nearby, and the limestone pavements on Newbiggin Crags offer spectacular and unique landscapes
- Lake District including Ambleside, Kendal, Keswick and Borrowdale and Wast Water
- Yorkshire Dales including Kirkby Lonsdale, Singleton Waterfalls, Skipton and Malham Cove
- Morecambe Bay, Arnside and Silverdale, Betham dan Milnthorpe and Lancaster and Ulverston
The Roundhouse is £150 per night and can be booked for the following days….
Friday – Monday (3 nights): £450
Monday – Friday (4 nights): £600
Monday – Monday (7 nights): £1,050
Unfortunately, we can’t provide a place for dogs and pets. There’s a badger set nearby, farm animals all around and we’ve decided it’ll be a place just for people.
OPENING APRIL 2019
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.