Headswood on The Wall glamping at Headswood Farm in Cumbria is a romantic retreat nestled in a spectacular rural position directly on the world famous Hadrian’s Wall. Relax and enjoy the magnificent views, discover wonderful walking and cycling routes, including stepping out of your front door onto the Hadrian’s Wall footpath. We are only a short drive from the historic market town of Brampton and within easy reach of Carlisle with it’s many facilities. Our fantastic luxury mini lodges are fully kitted out, bespoke and contemporary timber pods with en-suite shower rooms, mini kitchens are can sleep between 2 and 4 people.
The spacious modern and contemporary lodges are set on their own separate part of the farm in what used to be a menage and are accessed either via the Hadrian’s Wall footpath or, for those not on foot, by a private lane. Enjoy the connection with the outside space and enjoy starry dark nights and firepit campfires. You may get the opportunity to spot the regular visitors including roe deer, fox, squirrels, barn owls, tawny owls, rabbits, buzzard, sparrow hawk, red kite and an abundance of other birds. We have our own sheep in the fields adjacent to the pods, and in Spring the lambs are great fun to watch directly from your door.
Lodge facilities include
- Spacious shower room with power shower, WC and chrome heated towel rail
- Double Bed with tech lamps each side
- Bedding and Towels for 2
- Comfortable sofa / bed settee (that can sleep a further 1-2 people if required)
- Kitchenette with oak work surfaces, hob, microwave, kettle, toaster and fridge freeze
- Lounge area with Freeview TV
- Free WiFi
- LED colour changeable lighting to create that perfect mood
- Electrical points
- Tea, Coffee and Milk
- A large, private decked area with seating
- Another private area with picnic table beside each pod
Headswood Farm is set in a rural location,only a short drive from the historic market town of Brampton and about 12 miles east of Carlisle and is a great place to relax and enjoy the peaceful surroundings. Nearby explore…
- Hadrian’s Wall footpath
- Lanercost Priory
- Talkin Tarn Country Park, for water sports such as canoeing and open water swimming
- Fishermen can enjoy the nearby Border Esk, Naworth Fishery and River Irthing
- Gelt Woods an ancient woodland with the River Gelt running through it
- The Roman ruins at Housesteads, Birdoswald and Vindolanda
- The stunning Northern Lakes of The Lake District
- Eden Valley
- The rugged Scottish Borders
From £75 per night
Available for hire from 1 night or longer
Book a 3/4 night short break for best value.
Pets (1 dog) welcome
A self catering cottage is also available at the farm
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.