Glamping Cumbria and The Lake District with Hot Tub
Castle Guard Farm’s glamping pods on the north western edge of the Lake District are set in their own secluded private valley. The small number of well spaced pods are located on an open valley side near ash trees on a working farm. There are excellent access routes for cars and cycles into the heart of the Lakes and the coast.
The bespoke large Mega bunker pods have optional wood fired family friendly hot tubs from Finland and are positioned so you can relax in the tub whilst looking across the valley. The pods are tucked away in front of a stand of ash trees, look carefully and you might be able to see hares roaming!
Find Castle Guards Farm located at the start of the National Cycle Route 10, connecting Cockermouth to North Shields via the Kielder Forest and Carlisle. Why not use Castle Guards as the base for your Lake District walks, or start your cycle tour here! Contact us for cycle facilities. We welcome you to stay and enjoy the fresh air, hot tubs and fine restaurants and local whisky distillery. Then let yourself unwind and relax away your stress.
THE PODS – Sleep up to 6 people
There are four Mega Bunker Pods, 2 of which welcome dogs. Highmoor is comfortably furnished in blues and a tartan theme. Corn Crake in rustic and homely, copper tones. The Roans features woodland colours pheasants. Tarnities is decorated n blue tones from which you can watch the gold finches, curlews and ducks.
ALL OUR WELL INSULATED PODS include
- Wood fired hot tubs (optional extra)
- Welcome pack
- Double bed
- Double sofa bed
- 2 bunker beds
- Bedding and towels
- 2 ring Hob
- Crockery, cutlery, utensils and glasses
- Fridge freezer
- Dining table and 6 chairs
- Smart Freeview TV
- Power Shower
- Electrical points
- Double glazing
- Underfloor heating
- Outdoor seating area, picnic table
Explore and visit all with 20 miles
- The Lakes Distillery including tours and fine dining
- Lake District Aquarium with cafe, adventure playground and cycle racks
- The Wave Centre including Gym, Clip and Climb, Caving centre and cafe
- Kong Adventure with Cafe, Kids Indoor Adventure area, indoor and outdoor Climbing Sessions, Ghyll Scrambling, Via Ferrata and Kong Escape Room and climb Honister Slate Mine
- Newlands Adventure Centre
- Gilcrux Trout Fish Farm for a quiet days fishing day
- Blencogo Farm with Alpacas
- The Beacon. Modern museum on local history, cafe and art exhibitions
- Lake District Wildlife Park
- Senhouse Roman cliff top Museum
- Nearby Cockermouth, most local Georgian town, with independent local retail, places to eat and more
From £130 per night and £160 per night with Wood Fired Hot Tub including wood
Our hot tubs are family friendly and are designed to be suitable for all ages.
Dogs £20/night in Highmoir and Corncrake.