West Kellow Yurts glamping in Cornwall are situated on the edge of a working organic farm in the beautiful fishing village of Polperro. It’s a place for glamping and to enjoy peace and tranquility, get off the grid and back to nature in our beautiful meadow with views from the moors to the sea. You can build fires, have a snooze in a hammock, wander down to the wildlife pond to watch the fish, birds, ducks and other wildlife in their natural surroundings or take a trip out to one of the many local attractions or beaches. A short walk (just under a mile) down a lane or across our fields will bring you into the heart of the picturesque village of Polperro with its narrow, winding streets and alleyways with cottages perched on steep slopes overlooking the harbour. Here you can sample the many restaurants and pubs, have an ice cream or go to the Polperro Heritage Museum of Smuggling and Fishing. The pubs often host live music and performances during the summer months and the Polperro Festival takes place every June.
West Kellow Yurts are open from March to October. You can either rent an individual yurt, or the whole site with all your friends and family. We are very Eco Friendly and want to have little to no impact on the environment.
YELLOW HAMMER YURT – sleeps 2 people on a double bed with a log burner, bedding/linen, tea lit lanterns inside for ambience/lighting. There is a picnic table, bbq, campfire area and sun loungers within your private’bamboo screen enclosure as well to makes your stay more comfortable.
CONDOR YURT – sleeps 4 people on a double bed and a double sofa bed. Like the other yurts, it also has the same equipment/campfire area along with a throw for each double bed to keep you cosy and warm, although the log burners soon heat up the room.
There are 2 shower rooms and 2 fully equipped kitchens which have fridge freezers and gas hobs for your cooking needs. However, Polperro is just 15 minutes walk away and has some lovely family run shops, pubs and cafes if you wanted to explore the quaint historic fishing village with a picturesque harbouring. The yurts are 75 metres apart for added privacy and they all have a sea view and are just 10 minutes drive away from Looe beach and many other neighbouring coves such as hannafore, lansallos and Talland.
The Wagon houses a bed with a sea view with plenty of storage space under the bed for belongings and a dog.
The wagon also has an outdoor table, chairs and camp fire area
- We supply a welcome pack with local cider, our chickens eggs (as and when the lay them), bedding, wood (first big basket of wood is free, a help yourself supply with an honesty box for any more baskets that you need after that), a communal fridge freezer, pots, pans, cutlery and a host of other useful bits and bobs to make your stay comfortable.
- Each yurt has its own seating area, but there is also a VERY LARGE communal table that could fit all your friends and family around
- Each yurt has a small gas cooker in it, and an area outside for cooking over an open fire or a BBQ. A communal kitchen area that has a 2 ring burner, with a grill and a very large sink (to wash dishes or clothes).
- Relax in your own hammock (each yurt has one)
- A fully equipped kitchen with kettle, pots, pans and 2 gas hobs.
- A room with a fridge freezer and microwave in it.
- 2 quality tiled shower room with running hot water 24 hours a day (water from the spring, heat from the solar panels).
- We have many activities including swings, Jenga, boules, football, welly wanging and swing ball (plus 9 acres of field for the children (or you) to ride their bikes in).
- Sun loungers
- Coffee room with powered sockets for guests electrical equipment
- Cook in a dutch oven
- Fresh chicken eggs when available
- Many a hedgerow for seasonal berries
- Walks around the farm, we have a large wildlife pond and some spectacular views.
- If you want to use your yurt as a base from which to explore the surrounding area then we’ve compiled a handy booklet detailing over 60 local attractions and 20 places to dine locally! There is always something for you to do, whatever your tastes and whatever the weather.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
All you really need to bring is towels, a torch, food, drink and milk (fresh spring water is freely available) and a sense of adventure!
THINGS TO DO IN THE AREA
A short walk (just under a mile) down a lane or across our fields will bring you into the heart of the picturesque village of Polperro with its narrow, winding streets and alleyways with cottages perched on steep slopes overlooking the harbour. Here you can sample the many restaurants and pubs, have an ice cream or go to the Polperro Heritage Museum of Smuggling and Fishing. The pubs often host live music and performances during the summer months and the Polperro Festival takes place every June. There is always something for you to do, whatever your tastes and whatever the weather.
You may also wish to visit the following all within an hour away
- The Eden Project
- The Monkey Sanctuary, Near Looe
- Adrenalin Quarry
- National Trust Properties including Lanhydrock, Cotehele and Antony House
- The Lost Gardens Of Heligan, Mevagissy
- Talland Bay beach
- Looe beach
- Polzeath beach (near Padstow)
- Camel trail
- Kart World Cornwall
- Fowey harbour/shops chilled out/quirky shops and only 25 mins away
- St Ives beach/shops/Art Gallery
- Siblyback Lake
- Golitha Falls
GROUPS, EVENTS, WEDDINGS RECEPTIONS AND PARTIES
Rent the entire campsite and all the accommodation for yourselves. If you rent the whole site, you may pitch extra tents at no extra cost. Contact us for prices and any specific questions. If you book your wedding reception with West Kellow Yurts, you will have exclusive use of the all the existing facilities including the quality toilet block, yurts and bell tents to use as you wish, including wedding night accommodation for your guests. We can cater for any type of wedding reception or celebration, offering a professional yet relaxed approach to make your special day stress free and fun. Please enquire for further details.
Mid Season Bank/School Holidays excl. Easter
2 nights £140 3 nights £240
3 nights £200 4 nights £300
4 nights £250 1 week £490
1 week £420
Extra nights are £50 – £70 (time of year dependant).
Note for disabilities: Our yurt site is located in a natural meadow which is fairly level, but contact us if you have any particular concerns and we’ll do our best to accommodate all.