Hideaway Huts glamping at Treworgey in Cornwall invite you to cosy up to nature in one of two delightful shepherd’s huts, half a mile apart on our Cornish farm, for the perfect luxury camping or Glamping holiday. Each unique holiday accommodation hideaway nestles in its own idyllic setting with breathtaking country views and each has a private luxury bathroom hut nearby. You have farm walks over our 150 acres with sea views and even horse riding on-site. Only a few minutes by car to the beach and the spectacular Coast Path. Peace, comfort and seclusion; the perfect hideaway.
THE WATCH HOUSE
Fancy something more adventurous?…
If you really want to get off the beaten track, we also have The Watch House. Situated on the cliff tops between Polruan and Polperro if offers unrivalled sea views, ultimate seclusion and takes you back to a bygone era of candlelight and simpler times. Accessed on foot only via a 20-minute stretch of coast path and with no other buildings in sight, you’ll still be glamping in comfort with a wood burner, loo, kitchen and an outside shower. It’s possibly like no place you’ve ever stayed before, but probably with the greatest rewards…
THE SHEPHERDS HUT
Tucked away in a secluded spot on the eastern side of Treworgey farm, the traditional Shepherd’s Hut has a full-size real double bed with crisp cotton linen and a pocket-sprung mattress, a twin gas-ring cooker, table and chairs, pretty squishy cushions and a log burner to keep you toasty. Arguably the best thing about it though is the magnificent view of the Looe River valley folded into the rolling Cornish hills. Fresh drinking water is available just outside the door and solar powered lights are fitted so you can stay up playing games, reading your book or just chattering away into the night.
THE LAMBING HUT
Tucked away in a secluded spot on the western side of Treworgey farm, the Lambing Hut is another traditional shepherd’s hut which has a full-size real double bed with crisp cotton linen and a pocket-sprung mattress, a twin gas-ring cooker, table and chairs, pretty squishy cushions and a log burner to keep you toasty. Arguably the best thing about it though is the magnificent views over the rolling Cornish hills. Fresh drinking water is available just outside the door and solar powered lights are fitted so you can stay up playing games, reading your book or just chattering away into the night.
YOUR OWN PRIVATE BATHROOM HUTS, WASHING UP AREA AND FRIDGE
With a lovely view all of its own, your private Bathroom Hut is a short distance away and is not used by anybody else. There is a separate shower room and loo, and outside there is a sink with hot and cold running water, ideal for washing up. The Bathroom Hut also has a fridge neatly fitted into it to keep your food fresh. The modern eco-composting loo is in a separate room. It is surprisingly pleasant to use, but please make sure you sit down – both ladies and gentlemen please! (The system works by separation).
The pretty shower room has a spacious 80x120cm shower with instant gas-heated hot water, a basin with mirror and a stool, drying rack and hooks to put things on. Lovely British shower smellies are provided to complete the luxurious experience!
- We hope that we have thought of everything you might need to make your stay a comfortable and luxurious experience while ensuring that you really can get ‘back to nature’ – not really like normal camping at all! We provide:
- Fresh flowers and tea, coffee, milk and Cornish clotted cream biscuits to welcome you when you arrive. Plus a taster bottle of delicious award-winning apple juice from Cornish Orchards just up the road. If our temperamental chickens are kind enough to be laying there will also be a couple of eggs for you too!
- Full size double bed with really deep comfortable pocket-sprung mattress, cosy cushions, luxurious hypoallergenic bedding, crisp cotton linen and big fluffy towels.
- Log burner and logs for the stove. There’s space on top of the stove to keep a pot or kettle warm too.
- Hot water bottles and extra blankets in case you get chilly (although if you light the wood-burning stove you will be warm as toast!)
- Oak table, 2 indoor chairs, 2 deckchairs for outdoors, storage shelves and drawers, coat hooks. 2 opening curtained windows
- Gas ring cooker. Pots, pans, utensils, cutlery, mugs, glasses, crockery. Tea towels, washing up liquid and cloths. A tap for drinking water is just outside the door.
- Cool box for overnight essentials (you also have a fridge, approx. 20m away in the Bathroom Hut).
- Salt and Pepper – dried herbs and spices – Olive oil – Camping cook book.
- A shelf full of novels for cosying up by the fire as well as scrabble and playing cards.
- OS maps and a folder packed full of our recommendations of things to see, do and eat in the area.
- Wind-up radio – Wind-up torch – Solar-powered electricity for lighting and charging phones and laptops (1 Amp max.)
- A fantastic Dancook Firepit (outside) – which you can use for barbecuing or simply to have a lovely outdoor campfire to sit round in the evening (deckchairs provided).
- In the Bathroom Hut you will find shower smellies, loo roll and soft fluffy towels.
WHAT TO BRING
- Towels for swimming if you’d like to go to the beach or use the pool here – bath-towels are of course provided. However if you let us know in advance we can arrange for you to hire swimming towels (£3 per towel) if you prefer not to bring them. If you’re bringing your dog please bring a towel for him/her too.
- Wellies or sturdy footwear – while we hope you will be extremely comfortable in your cosy shepherd’s hut, part of its charm is its secluded nature. The hut is in a field so stilettos, for example, are not really a sensible option!
LOCAL FOOD DELIVERED TO YOUR HUT – Spoil yourself!
You can enjoy freedom from domestic chores here. Delicious home made light suppers or high tea can be delivered by us to your hut from Coome Kitchen most days. You can even order all your groceries and local yummy cornish food to await your arrival in your hut/fridge. Please ask for details. If you haven’t been fooded out in the hut, there are lots of wonderful restaurants nearby that use local produce including our famous freshly caught Looe fish.
COOKING IN YOUR HUT
If you wish to cook for yourself there is a store of simple dry goods ready for you to use in your hut, and a folder with simple recipe suggestions using the stove top and gas rings. You can shop locally for other ingredients at Duloe Community Shop. Our village shop is now run by the community and stocks a good range of provisions as well as excellent local veg, newspapers etc.
- Beaches and Coastal Walks on your doorstep
- The Eden Project
- Lost Gardens of Heligan
- Trehah Gardens
- National Trust Properties & Gardens including
- Anthony House, Cotehele House & Lanhydrock House, Trelissick Gardens
- Port Elliot
- St Ives
- Tate Gallery
- Minack Theatre
- Bike Hire delivered to your door
- Porfell Wildlife Park and Sanctuary
- The Monkey Sanctuary Trust
- Rick Stein’s Restaurants
- Jamie Oliver’s Fifteen Cornwall
PRICES PER NIGHT
July & August: £102
May, June & September: £91
April & October: £84
February, March & November: £78
Prices are for 2 people per night, usual min. 3 night stay. Occasionally we are able to offer shorter stays so please enquire. Multi Night discounts also available.
You’d like to bring the family? The shepherd’s huts are just for two but there’s space to camp alongside. £10 per night or £50 per week per camper (We usually invite max. 2 campers in 1 tent. Please enquire if you’re a larger family – we may sometimes be able to accommodate you.) Like hutters, campers are provided with our big fluffy white towels for an extra bit of luxury!
We welcome a well behaved dog at the shepherd’s hut. £5 per night or £20 per week.
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.