We would like to share with you some of the beauty and nature of our unspoilt valley and glamping site offering tipis, yurts and a shepherds hut in the heart of picturesque mid Wales. We aim to provide high quality low impact camping breaks for families and couples. This is a holiday for the outdoor enthusiast, with fantastic walking, bird watching and a whole host of other activities all set in beautiful scenery and fresh Welsh air.
Please bear in mind that sitting by a tipi, next to a babbling brook, in front of a fire is a million miles away from being at home in front of a computer screen and the turmoil and troubles of everyday life. For the real experience come and live the Cledan Valley way! Although you may come to Cledan Valley as a visitor, many of our guests return to us as friends.
Our accommodation has;
- Our Tipis are fitted with rain-gutters to provide a dry living space whilst still enjoying the lofty height and majestic beauty of the structure
- Wood floors or carpet (over a gravel and groundsheet base)
- A wood burning stove (with some firewood included)
- A gas “camping cooker”
- A visitor info pack with tips, places to go and emergency phone numbers
- Plates mugs bowls and cutlery (and a washing up bowl) pots and pans
- Cool box
- Beds or futon beds. Cots and high chair available for free. Bedding provided in yurts, and available as additional extra in others
The Lodge is a 24-foot yurt with seating, games and information for our guests to gather, socialise and relax by. Watch this space as we develop the Lodge to include communal cooking facilities, and nearby pizza oven over 2016-2017!
Red Kite Yurt (Usually sleeps up to 5)
This is one of our new yurts for 2016 with a wooden floor. It is also disable-friendly with disabled access and its proximity to the shower block over a level gravel path with a disabled toilet and wet room.
This 18-foot yurt has a double bed, a double/single bunkbed and can accommodate an additional single futon or cot. We provide a wood-burning stove and a basket of wood included (more available at token price). There is also a cool box, a gas cooker, blanket box with all cutlery, plates, a flask, a picnic blanket etc for your stay. Outside is a massive picnic bench.
For 2017 we will be introducing an even larger 21-foot yurt for larger families on this site.
Tawny Owl Tipi (sleeps up to 5)
This brand new tipi is the farthest family accomodation from the shower block, but with plenty of extra’s thrown in for people who are interested in outdoor and open fire, backwoods style cooking.
In the little dip next to the Owl Tipi is a Tarzan swing, a shelter, a bench and an open fire and a little box oven.
Inside this tipi you will find a double bed, a double futon (can be replaced with two single futons if desired) and a single futon. There is a wood-burning stove and a double-burner gas camping cooker. The tipi has an inner liner to keep out the drafts and a rain-gutter to keep off the rain, whilst keeping the beautiful open space of a tipi. It has a carpeted floor with a cow skin rug and plenty of warm throws.
Goshawk Tent (Sleeps 2 or 3)
The Goshawk Bell tent is a 5-metre bell tent, kitted out for a couple or a small family.
It is located below the shower block, above the stream and off the main field and is a perfect setting for a quiet break. This does mean a short walk uphill to the shower block and car park, but it is worth it! It has a small sheltered fire-pit area.
It has a double bed, two single futon as seats (room for one to be expanded into a bed), a cool box, a gas camping cooker, blanket box with all cutlery, plates, picnic blanket and flask etc for your stay. A Bell tent is a fully weather-proof structure with in-built groundsheet over a gravel and core-matting base, and carpeted on the inside.
Otter Tipi (Sleeps 2 or 3)
The Otter Tipi is an 16 foot tipi, kitted out for a couple or for a small family.
It is located close to the shower block, near the stream and is a perfect setting for a quiet romantic break. It nestles amongst a stand of native trees, out of site of the rest of the field, and you really feel like you’re in a world of your own. This does mean a steep, but short walk uphill to the shower block and car park, but it is worth it!
This tipi has been decorated on the inside canvas to make it a slightly darker but very cozy tipi with a star and moon theme. The tipi has a low door to access the inside. It has a handmade double bed, a single futon, a wood-burner for cozy nights in, a cool box, a gas cooker, blanket box with all cutlery, plates, flask and picnic blanket etc for your stay. In order to keep out the weather, we have installed a rain gutter and outside is a heart shaped picnic bench and a rustic wooden shelter, with an outside fire pit.
HONEYMOON YURT (Sleeps 2)
The Honeymoon Yurt is an 16 foot yurt, kitted out for a couple.
It is located on the base of the very first Tipi of the site, and is a perfect setting for a quiet romantic break. It also nestles amongst a stand of native trees where you will find a two-person hammock, a sheltered outdoor eating area (to come in 2016) with a heart-shaped picnic bench, and a separate fire-pit area next to the stream. Removed from the rest of the site in a world of its own, it is the perfect place for a couple’s romantic retreat.
It has a wooden floor with a double bed, a woodburning stove to keep you toasty-warm, a cool box, a gas cooker, a two person seat, blanket box with all cutlery, plates, flask and picnic blanket etc for your stay. Lots of optional extras available with this yurt for special occasions – tell us the occasion and see what we can offer!
THE SHEPHERDS HUT (Sleeps 2)
The Shepherds Hut is a natural progression on a sheep farm, offering a different sort of Glamping to a Tipi, whilst still adding to the unique nature of our site. It is located at the top of the Bardy Trail, at the quietest end of the field, it is a long, but flat (ish) walk to the shower block, at the right time of the year this quaint little Hut is surrounded by wild orchids.
It has a double bed, a wood burning stove, a cool box, a gas cooker, solar lighting, a blanket box with all cutlery, plates etc for your stay. Outside is a picnic bench and fire-bowl.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BRING
- Sensible “outdoor” clothing and footwear
- Sleeping bags/sheets and a duvet and pillows
- Towels and tea towels
- And a sense of adventure and enthusiasm for the great
- Outdoors – Rain or Shine!
- Food (and drink!)
THINGS TO DO IN THE AREA
- Machinations, Llanbrynmair
- Elan Valley, Rhayader why not visit this stunning area of natural beauty, there are loads of walks, cycle routes and breathtaking scenery
- The market towns of Llanidloes and Machynlleth are well worth a visit
- The Animalarium in the seaside town of Borth Shopping at Coed y Dinas in Welshpool, they sell something for everyone here
- Centre for Alternative Technology
- Corris Craft Centre
- Welshpool and Llanfair light railway
- Lake Vyrnwy-vyrnwy.co.uk Loads of things for everyone here, and in a beautiful setting too
- Canoeing, Kayaking and sailing at Lake Vyrnw
- Thrills in the hills, A vey popular activity, Offroad Karting, Paintball
- Rally school-our local rally school is one of the best in Britain, it is therefore very busy, if you wish to combine time at the rally school with your stay we recommend you plan well ahead!
- The Dovey valley activity centre
- Clay pigeon shooting Mid Wales shooting centre www.midwalesshootingcentre.com
- Leisure Centres
- Maldwyn Leisure Centre, Newtown, has water slide
- Bro Dyfi leisure centre, Machynlleth, has water slide and toddlers pool
- The Flash, Welshpool, has water slide, rapids ride, very shallow toddler’s area and Jacuzzi plus Tumble Towers
- Soft play area
- Golf – There are four golf clubs in the area
We came, we climbed we biked, Had a chillaxing time- Lovely place to find yourself & to go back in time. Thanks to Hywel for making us so welcome D & J
My husband and me had a fantastic time the best anniversary yet. Back to nature peaceful and so relaxing, we will defo come again and recommend to friends & family. Truly is a great experience
T & D
A wonderful experience, nestled down here by the waterside, side by side with mother nature.Next time it will have to be at least a week. J & D
£70 per night & £280 per week
Our site is all set in an eight acre field, formerly pastureland for sheep. By its nature has some steep areas, and some marshy or boggy areas, some wooded areas and some rough ground. Often these are the conditions needed by our native plants and we don’t want to upset the delicate balance of nature.
We have tried to put our family Tipi’s close to the facilities, and away from the river, and keep the Romantic Tipi’s away from the field and close to the river!
We will always try to make sure you get to stay in your preferred accommodation type and location most suitable for your needs. Please discuss your requirements with us, before booking!
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.