Barnutopia offers luxury glamping five miles west of Oswestry in Shropshire just outside the village of Llansilin, Powys on the Wales – England border. Tucked away in the heart of the rolling green Shropshire countryside Tanycoed Farm, we have three camping yurts, two converted stables, a cabin and a bunkhouse available for self-catering or bed and breakfast. We fell in love with Tanycoed Farm on our first visit and knew this was where we wanted to set up our glamping site.
Our luxury glamping units provide comfort and convenience in a rural environment. All our yurts are made to a traditional Mongolian design and are fully furnished with power, lighting, heating and free Wi-fi. Each yurt features a solid wooden door, windows, a waterproof groundsheet and felt insulation. We have three yurts – Bronwyn is 5.0 m in diameter and can accommodate 6 guests in real beds, Carianne is 4.2 m in diameter and can accommodate 4 guests and Nanny Iris is 4.2 m in diameter and can accommodate 4 guests. Our beautifully furnished stables are part of the red brick stable block built in 1892. Our horses occupy the stables at the opposite end. Stable Stephanie sleeps up to 4. Stable Steve sleeps up to 6. Cabin Connie sleeps up to 4 and our bunkhouse Bethan sleeps up to 10.
THE YURTS, STABLES, CABIN AND BUNKHOUSE
YURT BRONWYN – Sleeps 6 Bronwyn is our largest yurt with a diameter of 5 m. Beautifully furnished with a king bed, a bunk (two single beds) and a double sofa bed, there is ample room for 6 occupants in Bronwyn. Beds are made up and ready to sleep in when you arrive. The king bed looks up to a transparent roof cap where you can watch the stars as you drift off to sleep.
YURT CARIANNE – Sleeps 4 Named after two friends, Cathy and Marianne, in the United States, Carianne is a 4.2 m yurt comfortably furnished to accommodate 4 guests. Furnished with a double bunk and a comfortable and very easy to convert sofa bed, Carianne is spacious and inviting.
YURT NANNY IRIS – Sleeps 4 Nanny Iris is a 4.2 m yurt furnished to accommodate 4 guests comfortably, with a triple bunk (single bed over double bed) and a single bed.
STABLE STEPHANIE – Sleeps 4
Stable Stephanie is 3m x 5 m approximately and is fully furnished sleeping 4 in a king bed and double sofa bed.
Stable Steve is 3.7m x 5m approximately and is fully furnished sleeping 6 in a double bed, double sofa bed and bunk.
CABIN CONNIE – Sleeps 4
Cabin Connie is 3.45 m x 2.8 m approximately and is fully furnished sleeping 4 in a triple bunk and single day bed.
Bunkhouse Bethan is 6 m x 6 m approximately and sleeps 10 on 2 bed platforms with single mattresses.
INSIDE EACH GLAMPING UNIT
- Power for small electrical appliances
- Fire pits (can be used for cooking)
- Variety of outdoor furniture
- Stunning views
- Shared facilities
We may take tent bookings as an add-on to a yurt booking for a larger group or if you prefer not to share accommodation. Tent guests may use all facilities.
All guests have access to shared facilities on site:
Close to all glamping units, the kitchen shack is equipped with everything you need for a self-catering holiday including:
- Fridge freezer
- Hot and cold running water
- Double drainer sink
- Boiling rings
- Pots, pans, utensils, plates, dishes, cutlery
All guests have access to a full bathroom with toilet, shower and hand basin. We also have 2 clean and well set up portable toilets (the nice flushing kind) with automatic lights. It is also possible to wash hands and clean teeth in the camp kitchen. Towels can be provided if it is inconvenient for you to bring them. It should be noted that while our bathroom facilities are more than adequate for guests to wash every day the bathroom is not designed for all guests on site to take showers daily. If you would like to take a shower every day, we suggest this may not be the right venue for you until we receive planning permission and install a large shower/toilet block.
The dining room is accessible during breakfast and dinner for guests purchasing meals. If you don’t fancy self-catering every day, you can get breakfast, lunch and dinner at Barnutopia. We love eating well and the food we cook for our guests is the food we eat ourselves. We also offer request menus and limited quick snack options.
We do our best to accommodate special dietary requirements as well as portion sizes for children. Feel free to share your own meals with very small children or children who eat like sparrows, just ask for an extra plate. Menu may be changed or added to.
The dining room also includes a bar.
Open 24/7, the breakfast room has a corner nook table and seating and a selection of games for children.
THE LONG (PARTY) BARN for guests includes:
- Lounge area with leather sofas
- Wall mounted TV with Freeview & DVD player
- Bar with shelves behind and refrigerator for bring-your-own or licensed bar on request
- Dining tables
- Dance floor
PRICES for 2 PEOPLE SHARING
- 2 nights minimum stay in yurts, stables & cabin
- No minimum stay in bunkroom
- Arrive/depart any day of week
MIDWEEK (Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu)
- £65 per night for 2 in stable Stephanie (sleeps 4)
- £75 per night for 2 in yurts Carianne & Nanny Iris (sleep 4 each)
- £75 per night for 2 in stable Steve (sleeps 6) & cabin Connie (sleeps 4)
- £90 per night for 2 in yurt Bronwyn (sleeps 6)
- £100 per night for 2 in bunkhouse Bethan (sleeps 10)
WEEKEND (Fri, Sat)
- £90 per night for 2 in stable Stephanie
- £100 per night for 2 in yurts Carianne & Nanny Iris
- £100 per for 2 night stable Steve & cabin Connie
- £120 per night for 2 in yurt Bronwyn
- £140 per night for 2 in bunkhouse Bethan
- £10 per night per extra adult guest (above 2 guests)
- £7.50 per night per extra child under 18 years old (above 2 guests)
- No charge for infants in travel cots
- £5 per night per dog
- £7.50 cooked breakfast with tea, coffee and orange juice
- Long-stays (more than 2 nights)
- Frequent specials, packages and deals
BOOK NOW Barnutopia.com/booking/
Call (01691) 791 624
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.