Glamping in Wales
Our family run, award winning, glamping campsite, established in 2003, has spectacular views of the Welsh countryside and is located on the edge of woodland on a 20 acres small holding in west Wales. We offer five different nomadic ‘glamping’ experiences: an Alachigh, a Mongolian Ger, a Bentwood Yurt, a Lavvu and a Native American Tipi, each of which has its own ‘space’, separated by mature shrubs and trees, and all connected by hand-made stepping stones.
Spend your evenings relaxing next to a glowing campfire, looking at an endless sky of stars and waking to the sound of birdsong. This is a quiet location, well away from busy roads and not far from both the Carmarthen Bay and the Cardigan Bay coastlines. If you’re looking for a child-friendly, relaxed and sustainable alternative holiday, then you need look no further – a ‘glamping’ holiday in a beautiful location.
There’s no need to bring lots of things with you – we really do supply all the normal camping paraphernalia! All you need to bring are sleeping bags, your own food, a towel and a torch. You can obviously bring whatever you want but we offer it anyway.
24′ in diameter the overall effect is a dome shape and in some ways its a cross between a yurt and a tipi. Comfortably sleeps six.
Inside the Alachigh:
- Four single pine beds and a double bed
- Foam mattresses and pillows
- Cast iron wood burning stove which will keep you wonderfully warm, surrounded by a fitted fireguard
- Sheepskins, rugs and cushions adorn the Alachigh for that extra comfort
- Sofa bed/settee
- Large coffee table/chest (which contains plenty of extra blankets just in case it gets a bit colder at night)
- Three bedside tables
- Large shelving unit for storing food, pots, pans, etc
- Calor gas two ringed burner
- Crockery and cutlery
- Breakfast Bar with six stools
- Basket of seasoned hardwood
Outside there is a large picnic bench and a camp fire area, together with a trivet if you’d like to cook over an open fire and stunning views of the Welsh countryside.
THE BENTWOOD YURT
The Bentwood yurt has a wonderful sense of ‘space’. It has been built on a platform, giving it an elevation which allows a fine view. Sleeps 4.
Inside the Bentwood Yurt:
- Cast iron wood stove which gives out plenty of heat, even in the depths of winter
- Four pine beds – two singles and a double
- Comfortable mattresses, covers and pillows are supplied
- Chest full of blankets if its get a little cold
- Wooden chest
- Low table
- Two ringed calor gas burner
- Soft lighting
- Sheepskins, rugs and cushions create a comfortable and superb place to relax and unwind
Outside the yurt there is a campfire area, wooden benches and a picnic bench.
THE MONGOLIAN GER
Set a little apart from the rest of the campsite, on the edge of four acres of established woodland and surrounded by beech trees, it’s the perfect retreat for a family holiday or a romantic break for two.Sleeps four.
Inside the Mongolian Ger
- Central wood burning stove
- Four raised pine bed frames
- Foam mattresses, silk throws, blankets and pillows
- Two single beds and one double
- Bedside table
- Wooden chest full of blankets
- Low table
- Two ringed calor gas burner
- Soft lighting
- Sheepskins and cushions create a very relaxing, snug, space
- All cooking equipment is supplied – frying pans, saucepans, plates, mugs and cutlery
- Basket of hardwood for the wood burning stove
There is a picnic table outside of the ger together with an area for an outside camp fire, a trivet for cooking over an open fire, and a fantastic recycled tyre table and chair set.
The tipi is a magnificent structure and provides accommodation for four people as well as being wonderful for a romantic break away for a couple. It is located at the end of the campsite and therefore relatively private.
Inside the tipi:
- A ‘barrel’ woodstove will keep you wonderfully warm – with a fireguard to ensure that no little fingers get burnt!
- Four wooden pine slatted beds – 2 singles and 1 double
- Comfortable mattresses, pillows and throws, a cow skin, together with large cushions and bean bags
- Storage trunk full of extra blankets
- Low table and a two ringed calor gas cooker with saucepans, frying pan, plates, mugs and cutlery etc
- A wooden floor covered with Dandy Dura flooring, sheepskins and rugs.
- We supply firelighters and a good supply of chopped, dry and seasoned hardwood in a basket
Outside the Tipi is a campfire area with benches, a picnic table and a trivet for cooking over the fire
The lavvu is very similar to a Native American Indian tipi in shape and sleeps four. It has a lovely wood burning stove in the centre, with a fluted fire cowl and flue pipe. Guests staying in the lavvu have commented on how quickly it warms up and how very cosy it is. You can use the stove as a hob for cooking, boiling a kettle etc. For safety purposes the wood burning stove is surrounded by a fireguard
Inside the Lavvu:
- Stove surrounded by a fireguard
- Two single beds and a double
- Mattresses, pillows, throws, large cushions and bean bags
- Table and four stools
- Chest full of blankets
- All cooking equipment, i.e. pots, pans, crockery, cutlery, kettle etc
- Two ringed calor gas cooker
- The wooden floor is covered in Dandy Dura matting, rugs and sheepskins
Outside campfire area with trivet, benches and picnic bench
This is a lovely structure – a wonderful cross between a tipi and a yurt!
Available for use by all our customers is a log cabin which has a full size calor gas cooker with an oven, a cast iron Victorian cooking range, a low energy power supply for mobile phones (mobile phone reception here is good), battery charging, etc, a sink for washing up, a central table and is also furnished with sheepskins, rugs and cushions. We have a good range of books covering all aspects of nature, from insects to trees and wild flowers, as well as books on the construction of tipis and yurts, nomadic structures and rustic retreats. There are also books on walks in the area – in Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion and Pembrokeshire and a very good supply of flyers giving details of tourist attractions in the area. Recycling facilities are also available. We’ve also created our own ‘local trip advice!’ folder in which customers have given their own views on local attractions, beaches etc.
All cooking equipment is supplied, i.e. pots, pans, crockery, cutlery, etc… Because we’re ‘off grid’ we don’t have fridges for keeping food cool but we do supply you with a cool box and will replenish ice packs daily. Meals are not included in the holiday but you can cook on an open fire (one basket of firewood included per day – any more than that is £3 a basket) outside all of the accommodation, on a barbeque or on calor gas. Or alternatively there are several good local restaurants – menus and directions available! All you need to bring are sleeping bags, your own food, a towel for the shower and a torch, although there are solar lights around the campsite.
HOT SHOWERS AND COMPOST LOO
Also on site there are two hot showers, a tiled compost loo (praised by many of our guests!) and a bog standard flush loo! All cleaning products used are environmentally friendly, and we supply eco friendly shampoo, conditioner, soap and clothes washing product.
There is a play area for children located on the edge of woodland which has been much praised by parents and children alike!
We are located in a very rural location not too far from the beautiful beaches of both Cardigan Bay, with its dolphins, porpoises and seals, and also Carmarthen Bay with its long sandy beaches. There is a multitude of things to do in the area – from the energetic – horse riding, canoeing, mountain bike riding and go-carting, to coastal walking, visiting an Iron Age fort, numerous gardens (including the National Botanical Garden), a gold mine, and castles (there are many in the area). If the weather isn’t kind the National Woollen Museum is on our doorstep as is a Childhood Museum and two steam railways.
Alachigh – sleeps six
Nightly rate – £90.00
Weekend rate (Friday and Saturday night) – £220
Weekly rate – £650.00
Bentwood Yurt or Mongolian Ger – sleeps four
Nightly rate – £80.00
Weekend rate (Friday and Saturday night) – £180
Weekly rate – £580.00
Tipi or Lavvu sleeps four
Nightly rate – £70.00
Weekend rate (Friday and Saturday night) – £160
Weekly rate – £500.00
Fantastic! Brilliant stay, cosy, warm, everything good – even the weather. Hope to get here more often. Thank you both again for amazing welcomes and kindnesses.
Sue, Joerg and Ed, Yorkshire – 2nd March 2015
A lovely couple of days getting away from all the pre-Christmas bustle. Weather not great but always snug in the Ger. One word – AWESOME!
Helen, Dave and Toby, Nottingham – 22nd December, 2014
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.