West Kellow Yurts glamping in Cornwall are situated on the edge of a working organic farm in the beautiful fishing village of Polperro. It’s a place for glamping and to enjoy peace and tranquility, get off the grid and back to nature in our beautiful meadow with views from the moors to the sea. You can build fires, have a snooze in a hammock, wander down to the wildlife pond to watch the fish, birds, ducks and other wildlife in their natural surroundings or take a trip out to one of the many local attractions or beaches. A short walk (just under a mile) down a lane or across our fields will bring you into the heart of the picturesque village of Polperro with its narrow, winding streets and alleyways with cottages perched on steep slopes overlooking the harbour. Here you can sample the many restaurants and pubs, have an ice cream or go to the Polperro Heritage Museum of Smuggling and Fishing. The pubs often host live music and performances during the summer months and the Polperro Festival takes place every June.
West Kellow Yurts are open from March to October. You can either rent an individual yurt, or the whole site with all your friends and family. We are very Eco Friendly and want to have little to no impact on the environment.
THE YURTS & BELL TENTS
BARN OWL YURT – Sleeps 2 to 4
The Barn Owl yurt is one of our earlier designs. Inside it has a comfy double bed, a log burner and lots of other things to make your stay as comfortable and relaxing as possible. The yurt is enclosed by a split bamboo fence which encloses a hammock, a picnic table and some pallet seats to relax in.
Just outside of the yurt area is a fire pit for sole use of the Barn Owl yurt guests – try cooking yourself soup or a main meal over the fire in one of our cast iron Dutch Ovens or just simply toast marshmallows.
The Barn Owl yurt can comfortably sleep 2 adults (plus 2 children if required on a fold out sofa bed). Alternatively, you can put up an extra tent, within your bamboo screen enclosure, at no extra cost. Bedding is still available upon request and can be left inside your yurt.
KESTREL YURT – Sleeps 4
The Kestrel yurt has a double bed, double sofa bed and a log burner to keep you cosy and warm. It’s an Authentic Mongolian yurt (or Ger) with 2 carved Bagana, which are upright poles inside the yurt. They give the yurt extra support and help the nomadic farmers when putting the yurt up. This 16 foot yurt comfortably sleeps 4 people and has a hammock, camp fire pit and sun lounger outside the yurt. Is the warmest/darkest yurt and has candles/tea lights for illumination at night time.
BUZZARD YURT Sleeps up to 5
The Buzzard yurt has a double bed, double sofa bed, a single fold out bed and a log burner to keep you cosy and warm. It’s a Mongolian yurt (or Ger) distinguished by it’s roof steepness (or lack of) suitable for high winds. This 17 foot yurt is our largest and comfortably sleeps 5 people. Like the others, it has a hammock, camp fire area, sea view and sun lounger outside the yurt
We also have a 4 metre bell tent that contains a double mattress and a single fold out mattress, suitable for July and August. This is mainly used during the warmest months, therefore it does not contain a wood burner. However, it does have a campfire area and hot water bottles for the evenings if required.
- We supply a welcome pack with local cider, our chickens eggs (as and when the lay them), bedding, wood (first big basket of wood is free, a help yourself supply with an honesty box for any more baskets that you need after that), a communal fridge freezer, pots, pans, cutlery and a host of other useful bits and bobs to make your stay comfortable.
- Each yurt has its own seating area, but there is also a VERY LARGE communal table that could fit all your friends and family around
- Each yurt has a small gas cooker in it, and an area outside for cooking over an open fire or a BBQ. A communal kitchen area that has a 2 ring burner, with a grill and a very large sink (to wash dishes or clothes).
- Relax in your own hammock (each yurt has one)
- A fully equipped kitchen with kettle, pots, pans and 2 gas hobs.
- A room with a fridge freezer and microwave in it.
- 2 quality tiled shower room with running hot water 24 hours a day (water from the spring, heat from the solar panels).
- We have many activities including swings, Jenga, boules, football, welly wanging and swing ball (plus 9 acres of field for the children (or you) to ride their bikes in).
- Sun loungers
- Coffee room with powered sockets for guests electrical equipment
- Cook in a dutch oven
- Fresh chicken eggs when available
- Many a hedgerow for seasonal berries
- Walks around the farm, we have a large wildlife pond and some spectacular views.
- If you want to use your yurt as a base from which to explore the surrounding area then we’ve compiled a handy booklet detailing over 60 local attractions and 20 places to dine locally! There is always something for you to do, whatever your tastes and whatever the weather.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
All you really need to bring is towels, a torch, food, drink and milk (fresh spring water is freely available) and a sense of adventure!
THINGS TO DO IN THE AREA
A short walk (just under a mile) down a lane or across our fields will bring you into the heart of the picturesque village of Polperro with its narrow, winding streets and alleyways with cottages perched on steep slopes overlooking the harbour. Here you can sample the many restaurants and pubs, have an ice cream or go to the Polperro Heritage Museum of Smuggling and Fishing. The pubs often host live music and performances during the summer months and the Polperro Festival takes place every June. There is always something for you to do, whatever your tastes and whatever the weather.
You may also wish to visit the following all within an hour away
- The Eden Project
- The Monkey Sanctuary, Near Looe
- Adrenalin Quarry
- National Trust Properties including Lanhydrock, Cotehele and Antony House
- The Lost Gardens Of Heligan, Mevagissy
- Talland Bay beach
- Looe beach
- Polzeath beach (near Padstow)
- Camel trail
- Kart World Cornwall
- Fowey harbour/shops chilled out/quirky shops and only 25 mins away
- St Ives beach/shops/Art Gallery
- Siblyback Lake
- Golitha Falls
GROUPS, EVENTS, WEDDINGS RECEPTIONS AND PARTIES
Rent the entire campsite and all the accommodation for yourselves. If you rent the whole site, you may pitch extra tents at no extra cost. Contact us for prices and any specific questions. If you book your wedding reception with West Kellow Yurts, you will have exclusive use of the all the existing facilities including the quality toilet block, yurts and bell tents to use as you wish, including wedding night accommodation for your guests. We can cater for any type of wedding reception or celebration, offering a professional yet relaxed approach to make your special day stress free and fun. Please enquire for further details.
Mid Season Bank/School Holidays excl. Easter
2 nights £140 3 nights £240
3 nights £200 4 nights £300
4 nights £250 1 week £490
1 week £420
Extra nights are £50 – £70 (time of year dependant).
Note for disabilities: Our yurt site is located in a natural meadow which is fairly level, but contact us if you have any particular concerns and we’ll do our best to accommodate all.
DISCLAIMER The information displayed about this business is a advertisement. Love Glamping makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information. The information on this business is provided and by the business named on this page.